Monday, November 8, 2010

First rally trials!

I entered Cheddar in the Bloomington Obedience Training Club rally trials in Novice B and it was a super fun time!! All of the rally competitors were super friendly and supportive. There were some other non-traditional obedience breeds there like a Coonhound and Great Dane(who got a 100 in Excellent!!). I was really nervous the first day and Cheddar and I were bumping alot on the heeling. I made it through the course and she got an 89. I was happy with that score and realize that I have to calm down and walk in a straight line!! The second day, I felt calmer and focused hard on each exercise, remembered to slow down on the left-about turn, remembered to talk to her throughout the whole course and things went better. Another big plus was that two gals were there competing from my club and the support from Jessie and Laura helped alot. I was thrilled when Cheddar got a 99 and first place! We stayed overnight and took a nice walk around Normandale Lake. It was beautiful and the perfect way to celebrate our first weekend of showing.

1 comment: